• To investigate local incidence of pulmonary disorders in KSA.
• To identify local characteristics of the illness including its morbidity and mortality.
• To develop national guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of common pediatric pulmonary disorders.
• To provide education and training of healthcare professionals in the field of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine.
• To provide educational, training programs in Pediatric Pulmonology for health care professional.
• To promote public awareness through different means including print and electronic media, and public seminars.
• To establish local research in pediatric pulmonary medicine.
The Saudi Pediatric Pulmonology Association (SPPA) is a medical and research body that is part of the Saudi Thoracic Society (STS). The SPPA aims to increase the awareness of pediatric pulmonary disorders, facilitate advances in treatment, and promote research in the field of pediatric pulmonology.
To promote lung health in children by supporting the pediatric respiratory community through research, collaboration, advocacy, and leadership to promote the best practices in Saudi Arabia.
SPPA will promote professional excellence and advance the science and practice of pediatric pulmonology.
Executive Board Members
Dr. Adel Alharbi
Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Physician
Prince Sultan Military Medical City, Riyadh
Dr. Saleh Alharbi
Dr. Suliman Fakeeh Hospital, Jeddah
Dr. Abdullah Yousef
King Fahd Hospital of the University, Dammam